Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Show up. Pay attention. Speak your truth. Don't be attached to the outcome. Forgive. That is the key to all.

Show up. Pay attention. Speak your truth. Don't be attached to the outcome.

Forgive. That is the key to all.- Roseann Allen-Matthews

Roseann blogs at Give Peace A Chance, Please! I know Roseann from the community that formed at OCICBW and also at Wounded Bird. While I always followed what was going on with Roseann and her numerous health challenges that were so frequently outdone by her extremely positive nature, I was never in much contact with her. I don't know why- no real reason.

However I did always want to know what was up and I always kept Roseann in my prayers.

What always struck me most was how fiercely she seemed to live her life but yet in such a freely surrendered manner.

There have been so many ups and downs over the course of these two years and I think that most people would not have made it as far as Roseann has.

Roseann always reminded me of my friend Cathy. Cathy also had kidney disease and like Roseann, had a distinct lack of them. Cathy was on dialysis for almost 30 years!

Cathy taught me a lot about life; I wrote about her recently for All Souls Day. She had a certain sort of detached determination that I would see glimpses of in Roseann's postings.

Roseann is near the end. She is very peaceful about the whole thing. I find her whole attitude and outlook to be grace unleashed. It looks like her passing will be in a week or two and it will be very peaceful.

And I am much more emotional about this than I might have imagined, given my knowledge of but distance from Roseann's life.

If you are a praying person, please pray for Roseann and also please pray for her beloved Gary. (Gary will not only lose his partner but has his own health challenges.) 
And please - listen to her words that are used in the title of this post and that I put here for you once more - she is onto something.

Show up. Pay attention. Speak your truth. Don't be attached to the outcome. 
Forgive. That is the key to all. -Roseann Allen-Matthews

Go in peace Roseann.

10 comments:

  1. I am always amazed that someone can be graceful and at peace when dealing with something so all consuming as a fatal illness...I'm pretty certain I would be very angry.

    I will certainly pray for your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to honor Roseann in that way. But, dear Lord---how do I ever get to the point where I am not attached to the outcome?!

    Pax,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds to me like she needs little in the way of prayer, given that she is far morte together than I ever hoped to be. But I shall pray for Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Fran. Tengrain sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, thank you. What a lovely and moving tribute to two strong, brave women. How do they do it? I surely don't know, but my admiration for them knows no bounds.

    Roseann's words that you quote certainly made me sit up straight, although I've seen them before. They resonate now in a way that they never did before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a Happy Birthday to you, dear Fran! Sorry I'm late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Fran. Like Doxy, I have no idea how not to attach to the outcome, but I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Fran, a very fitting post, and very moving.
    You both are amazingly inspiring women and I'm glad to know you and that I can count you among my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tribute to Roseann. She is the ultimate teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1日5万円~が手に入るサイドビジネスのご案内です。男狂いのセレブ女性はネットで知り合った男を次々に金の力で食い散らかしています。そんな女性を手玉にとって大金を稼いでみませんか

    ReplyDelete

As you were saying... Please note that word verification has been enabled to due many spam comments. Comments on posts older than 7 days will be moderated.